I almost called this post “Mama Mia” – as in the Abba song “Mama Mia – here we go again” … but thought better of it!
With infection rates soaring, and the death toll mounting at an alarming rate, we’re all back in Lockdown, pretty much where we were in April last year. At the Cashroom we have re-initiated our business continuity plan and are back to regular business continuity meetings every other day.
Our biggest worry is complacency – the thinking that “we’ve been there, done that” and it will be fine. But it’s different this time.
It’s different because, last April the legal sector slowed down dramatically. That allowed us all to furlough staff that had child care commitments and found working from home challenging. This time, like many of our clients, we’re busier than we were in February last year, and furloughing staff is not an option.
It’s different this time because while no more deadly, the new strain of COVID is far more infectious. So, we can all expect more of our staff to be incapacitated by illness.
It’s different because we’re all tired, run down, and sick fed up with lockdown. The mental health of our employees is more “challenged” than ever.
So we are taking nothing for granted, preparing for the worst, while hoping for the best.
And you should too!
If there is anything we can do to help, please get in touch.
- Is your legal finance team struggling with going in and out of lockdown (perhaps child care is an issue), we can help. With the Cashroom, your team is already working remotely, to you don’t need to worry about change.
- If you are worried about security (and you should be, fraud increased dramatically last year), all our staff work over a secure VPN, using our Portal, which is regularly penetration tested.
- If you are worried about how it might all “work out”, our accounts team can help with forecasts and projections.
- Do you think you might need to “do things differently”, then our projects team can redesign your finance system from the ground up, using our experience of working with over 200 firms across the UK.
- And, finally, if your cashier has simply “had enough”, and has decided to retire, we can take the whole thing off your hands!
We’re here to help the profession through lockdown and beyond. If we can help you or your legal finance team, please get in touch.
And there is light at the end of the tunnel…..my wife (who’s a Doctor) will receive 3,000 doses of the Asta Zeneca vaccine next week for her older patients … we’re getting there!
David Calder, Managing Director at Cashroom